We’re all been there. You want something, want it really bad, you come super close and then bam, it’s gone. Why does that happen? What can you do about it? Let’s really look at and answer the question, “Why do I keep sabotaging myself?”
- You’re not really clear about your goal. Being super specific is really key. We can’t just say, “I want more money”, you need to think about how much you want.What to do instead: Sit down with a pen and paper and go through how much you need, list all the bills, list all your wants – with an amount, add them all up and there’s your goal. After you do that, make a list of every penny that comes in, every penny. And subtract it from your goal amount. You’ll be amazed at how much you manifest once you start paying attention to it.
- You don’t think you deserve it. We all have feelings of inadequacy – but the truth is that we’re so much more than we let ourselves see.What to do instead: Let that shit go. You deserve every wonderful thing that comes your way.
- You’re afraid. Afraid of failure, afraid of success, of ridicule, of abandonment. It’s the human condition and we really need to look at what we’re afraid of and find out why.What to do instead: Let yourself imagine what it might be like to achieve those big beautiful things! Really day dream about it, write about it, dreamboard, pinterest, whatever! Get that shit going!
- Those damn voices telling you you’re not smart enough, or need to lose weight or (fill in the blank) before you can accomplish the things you want to do.What to do instead: Start some positive mental chatter. Go ahead, let Stuart Smalley occupy your head for a while.
- Simlarly… Stop comparing yourself, your journey, your situation, with any one else. That’s not at all helpful.What to do instead: Realize that we’re all on our own path. You can’t compare apples to oranges and that’s exactly what you’re doing here. Honor your own path and your own journey.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Marianne Williamson
You truly deserve all the good that’s coming to you! I’m not just preaching to you, I live this and struggle at times, myself. Let’s all break through this and get on with the amazing bits!
And if you want to sign up for my newsletter to get more of this kind of content, shoot me an email and I’ll send you a FREE copy of my book:
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Yes! I want the book, %26quot;9 Ways to Broaden Your Spirit%26quot;’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Check here to subscribe to my mail list and get a free copy of my book %26quot;9 Ways to Broaden Your Spirit%26quot;’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]