A couple of posts ago, I talked about the Artist’s Date – the commitment to your Inner Artists for an outing, once a week, at least one hour long, to restock your well. Sometimes, you need more than that. Sometimes you need fast help if you’ve got a looming deadline, or you’ve just been stuck for too long. I’ve shared a few favorites of mine for getting unstuck below and then I asked some of my favorite creatives for their ideas for creative inspiration and they’re so good that I had to share them too! (be sure to click their links and check out their wonderful offerings!!)
Here are my ‘go to’ creativity boosters, in no particular order:
- ColourLovers – I love color. Absolutely love it. When I’m feeling stuck, there’s nothing like browsing beautiful palettes, creating my own, sharing with community and even pattern coloring. It’s like a beautiful, digital coloring book and I just let my mind wander while I pick out and play with gorgeous hues. There’s a community feeling to it as well so if you join, here’s my profile!
- Pinterest - I have boards for all kinds of things, from planner page ideas, inspiring recipes, beautiful clothing, furniture, jewelry and also more abstract ideas. If you’re stuck writing an article, search “writing”, painting? Search “painting”, etc. Just need a mini virtual vacation? I love to search Ocean Views and then just browse the beautiful imagery. If you’re anything like me, you might want to set a timer – I can spend all day with this! There’s also the ability to create ‘secret’ boards and I have a few of them too! Very helpful for your darker, deeper ideas. Connect with me there, too!
- Brainy Quote – This is my favorite quote collection. You can browse by topic, author, graphic quotes – they make it super easy to share them on social media too!
- Meditate – Yes, I say that a lot – but I do use it for everything. And it works. Cue up a five minute meditation and clear your mind. When you feel yourself becoming distracted (and you probably will), just focus back on your deep, yet comfortable, breathing.
- Oracle or Tarot Decks – I have lots and lots of decks – I’ll decide which one to use depending on what I’m stuck on. If you’re not a skilled tarot reader, the oracle decks might be a better idea. If you don’t have a deck there are lots of available decks online for free readings: Earth Magic and Animal, Free Angel Readings, whatever your philosophy, belief system, etc; you can simply view these as visual, creative inspiration.
More Creative Inspiration
Well, I like to do something risky and risque like opening up all the windows and blinds and walking around in the nude probably TMI but it works
Partly Cloudy With a Chance of Love
- A car ride with someone else driving. Preferably in a picturesque setting. Where I can just look out the window and day dream. Very helpful.
- Music. Or change of music will sometimes push me in a new direction.
- I also find sunbathing very good to clear my mind. 15 minutes of just sitting in the sun….no reading no other stimuli…..is a very good reboot.
- When things get really bad and I feel “out of control” or totally frustrated with no direction to go in, I will clean the house…….thankfully I never get so bad the whole house gets cleaned. Hahahahaha!
Turn up the beats and play air guitar. Or hop in the car and go for a drive and belt out whatever is on the radio. Or watch something hilarious. Make a new crystal grid. Energy clearing. Reiki session…Just depends on what’s stuck haha.
I get in water. Preferably salt + moving. But a shower works too. And I visualize ideas washing over me in the drops at the same time I release and neutralize blocks.
loveyourfood. loveyourself. loveyourlife ™
I’m with Maria Schonder on this one Had an epic time in mother ocean today, playing in the waves. They were pretty big too. Saraphina got flipped for the first time. WAter up the nose. It was a shocker but she jumped back in!
Kris Katsuko Oster
Take Your Own Abundance Bath
Excuse me… pardon me… Beyonce fan coming through… Whenever I’m in that stuck place I get in front of the mirror, and I sing “Love On Top” BUT – instead of singing it as a woman to her lover, I sing it as a soul to God… so instead of “Baby, it’s YOU! You’re the one I love..” I say “Spirit, it’s YOU!…” I really like living in a world where every love song sounds like either I’m singing to God, or God is singing to me… I’ll be happy to post my “revised” lyrics – #NoOffenseBey
I get up and Get Moving! A quick 5-10 minute walk, or a few minutes of shaking my moneymaker to some upbeat music, does wonders!
I go for a walk and talk to the trees. I have a fav tree I sit under when I need guidance or just to be… she’s a great big Beech treeCynthia Cano
Awesome ideas! Thank you to all of you for participating! Make sure you visit them for even more inspiration.
And if you need a little bit more creative help…