Every so often I go through my plugins, upgrading, activating, deactiving, deleting. . . While I was doing it today, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorites. Most of them are pretty well known, but I thought I’d share anyway, just in case you might have missed one. I have to tell you it took me forever to narrow it down this far and as always, I do reserve the right to change my mind.
I tried to skip the really obvious ones, but I couldn’t completely as you’ll see below. So, here they are in no particular order, my current favorite WordPress Plug Ins.
- Send It Really easy, yet robust newsletter subscription plug in. Yes, it’s in Italian, but there are English instructions too. I love this one!
- WP Greet Box – Let’s you show a different welcome message to your visitor, depending upon the referring URL. Very Cusomizable. Change multiple messages, placement, etc. Very easy to use.
- Post Ideas – Some people keep them as drafts, but that seems messy to me some how, I much prefer this plug in that lets you jot down any ideas, relevant links, keywords, etc., till you’re ready. Ranks by priority too.
- Blog Icons – Makes it ridiculously easy to add favicon and icons for Ipod/Itouch icons to your blog
- Follow My Links – Prevents WordPress from automatically adding a “rel=nofollow” attribute. Show your commenters Linky Love, which leads us to: Edit! The gracious author of this plugin was kind enough to stop by and explain that this does not pertain to comments left by readers, only the “authorial comments (i.e., comments made by the post author)”. I took it to mean the author of the comments, because I don’t actually read documentation, I skim it and then just keep pressing buttons till it either works, or I break it completely. You can see his whole comment below.
- Comment Luv – Everyone is already using this right? It goes without saying, right?
So tell me, what are your current favorites? Anything you think I absolutely have to know about? I’m all ears eyes. :wassat: